Followers

Friday, March 25, 2011

That moment (old myspace blogs)

From Dec. 2009
That moment

We all live in the world through our minds and our hearts but rarely do they speak with the same voice at the same time.

I remember one time when they both spoke with the same time and the world became one whole thing of feeling and mind. A perfect moment when everything came together and I could see with perfect clarity.

It didn't happen because I was trying or even at my firm control. It just happened.

I was on vacation in Oahu and I had just had lunch at the Crouching Lion Inn. As I walked through the parkng lot I stared across the two-lane highway and I could see a small beach down a small incline bracketed by some scrub trees. The band of bright blue water shimmered as it lapped up to the shore. The sun was just past its zenith in the sky and suffused everything with bright white light and a sultry warmth. I walked across the highway and down the incline and stood on the beach. And I knew that everything was perfect. Nothing was out of place. The world was one and I was one. That's the moment.

No comments: