Followers

Friday, March 25, 2011

In the beginning

From Jun 18, 2009
In the beginning

What captures a person's interest? It's rarely what you think it's going to be.

Bland or bold compliments wash over, but a misplaced dis can open up a world of possibilities.

How did I ever capture her? I think it was a crazy rant.

It was a Journalism as Literature class. I don't remember who we were discussing, but I remember my response.

"I don't buy into it that women and men are completely different. I think there's almost no difference. Physically there are a few bits and pieces, but we're all people. We think, we feel and we eat and we drink. Most everything else is enculturation. We are placed in our roles by our families and our society. And for tho most part we are happy to play them out.

But that doesn't mean that you have to. Many artists don't. I don't. I think if people get past the indoctrination you'll find that the woman or man you are trying to be with is just a person. And if you can connect there you'll find they aren't very different from you."

Quickly dismissed. Oh well.

In the corner this little red haired woman stared at me. I think maybe that's when Robyn noticed me.
Next class she became a one-minute friend before the class started. Saying hi and asking about homework. Then she became an hour friend and finally a daylong friend.

No comments: