Followers

Monday, October 8, 2012

Randomness

Images

A hummingbird hovers in introspection
Suddenly it moves closer in inspection
Then it flitters away in trepidation

A white and pink varigated rose blooms in late season euphoria
In "Paradiso" Dante used you for the empyrean
I see your perfectly executed petals and think 'In excelsis gloria'

The air smells of fresh cut grass
Heady and green, it is slightly crass
Speaking of crass, it's off to the gym where I will surely encounter the odor of ass

Maggie the cat is orange and squirrely
She jumps and capers, catching cloth mice
It's a wonder to see her live each day so happily

On being creative.

People sometimes tell me that they want a creative job, and I know they mean a job like mine.
But honestly, I've known lots of editors and reporters who do their job with little or no creativeness. They view it as an assemblyline and their work is perfectly adequate and boring.
My point is, creative isn't about the job; it's about the attitude you have for the job.

An uncreative chef is called a cook, while a master of creativity is called a chef. It's about pushing the boundries and your attitude towards what you do.
 

No comments: