Followers

Saturday, August 13, 2011

hmmm

I think I am too attached to people and things. I think I should strive more and more for nothingness and a mind clear of people. Friends and loves are distraction getting in the way of understanding the true nature of the world. I'm not saying they aren't necessary, because at some point they are. What I am saying is that you have to be ready to leave everything behind and holding on to people is one of the things that keeps us stuck in a state of need and dependency.

So, I think I need to care less about individuals and things. I need to think in wider terms. I need to think in terms of a universal self, where everything is of one piece. Bits and pieces like myself don't matter, the health of the whole should be my concern. I need to spend some time at Walden's pond.

No comments: